GRANITEGIG ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
NEED THIS DOCUMENT IN ANOTHER FORMAT?
If you would like a copy of these terms and conditions in large print, please contact our Customer Services Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This Acceptable Usage Policy applies to you and anybody you allow to use GraniteGiG Broadband.
WHY DO WE NEED AN ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY?
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) is intended to help protect our customers, and the Internet community, from the inappropriate use of the Internet. This AUP sets out the rules which apply to the use of our internet connection services including your responsibilities and permitted and prohibited uses of those services.
We will let you know about any changes to our AUP in writing or by putting a notice on www.granitegig.co.uk or through another suitable method. Our latest Usage Policies will always be posted on our website at www.granitegig.co.uk/usage-policy so please keep checking for updates.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Irrespective of which GraniteGiG product you have subscribed to, our AUP will apply to you and those who you allow to use GraniteGiG Broadband. Any reference to “you” shall be interpreted to mean you and anybody you allow to use GraniteGiG Broadband. You are responsible for the use of GraniteGiG Broadband by any person you allow to use it including anyone who accesses GraniteGiG Broadband via your home network or wireless services it offers.
GraniteGiG products are not subject to allowances or data transfer caps.
A customer’s use of our service constitutes acceptance of this AUP.
If you have any queries about our AUP, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITIES WHEN USING GRANITEGIG BROADBAND
You are responsible for your actions when connected to our network and the systems you access through your internet connection. If you act without care or irresponsibly in using your internet connection or your actions, put at risk the integrity or security of our network, systems or equipment, your access may be restricted, suspended, or terminated, without prior notice.
GraniteGiG Broadband and our networks may only be used for lawful purposes in accordance with all laws, statutes and regulations in force in the United Kingdom.
You may not use GraniteGiG Broadband or our networks to send, access, store, distribute, transmit, post, upload or download any materials or data which:
- violates any Law;
- is defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene, or constitutes harassment;
- is or may be harmful to minors;
- promotes or encourages illegal or socially unacceptable or irresponsible behaviour;
- is in breach of any third party rights (including any third party intellectual property rights);
- has any fraudulent purpose or effect or involves you impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting yourself as the source of any communication.
SECURITY AND SYSTEMS COMPLIANCE
You must not use GraniteGiG Broadband, or allow someone else to use GraniteGiG Broadband, to violate our networks’ security or any third party’s system or network security by any method including:
- unauthorised access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network;
- unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorisation of the owner of the system or network; or
- unauthorised interference with any user, host, system or network without the express authorisation of the owner of the system or network.
You must not send, receive, store, distribute, transmit, post, upload or download any materials that are designed to violate our Network’s security or any third party’s system or network security. Examples of such prohibited material may include (but are not limited to):
- programs containing viruses, worms, corrupted files, hoaxes, Trojan horses or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- tools designed to compromise the security of other sites;
- programs or services designed to send or facilitate the sending of unsolicited advertisements; or
- programs or services designed to encourage or facilitate a breach of this AUP or any acceptable use policy of another internet services provider.
You must not connect the networks to insecure machines, modems, routers, equipment, or services able to be exploited by others to carry out actions which constitute a breach of this AUP.
You must not share GraniteGiG logon details.
As a user of email service platforms:
You must not:
- Send Messages to anyone who does not wish to receive them.
- Send unsolicited bulk Messages or any other form of abusive electronic communication.
- Send, distribute, or reply to mail-bombs. Mail-bombing is either sending copies of a single message to many users or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with the intention of disrupting their internet experience.
- Use false Message headers or alter the headers of Messages to conceal their email address or to prevent internet users from responding to messages. You must not use any email address that you are not authorised to use.
You will be solely responsible for your use of the internet and any web pages owned and/or operated by you that you connect to our networks using GraniteGiG Broadband. You must not use web pages within or outside our networks to violate any part of this AUP or to disrupt or attempt to disrupt another internet user’s internet experience.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A COMPLAINT
If you wish to notify us of a breach of this AUP, or if you wish to make a complaint regarding content, data or material that has been stored and/or accessed via our networks or GraniteGiG Broadband, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.