Careers at Converged At Converged our business is all about creating and maintaining connections. It’s no surprise that this extends to human connections too. Our teams of humans all bring something different to the mix. What could you add?
Fancy yourself as our next Kyle (analyst extraordinaire), Alex (tech pro) or Tiffany (cyber defender)?
Connect (sorry, we won’t use this phrase again!) and tell us why you think you could be the next superstar to join our growing team.
Although we’re not actively recruiting at the moment, we are always happy to hear from motivated individuals who are willing to learn and go the extra mile for our clients. If you feel you’d be a great addition to our team, tell us why by emailing email@example.com and remember to attach your CV.
AberdeenClosing Date: 26-07-2021
Vacancy: Systems Engineer
Salary: £ negotiable
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Closing Date: 26 July 2021
Converged is growing. Our business is expanding its network, offering our customers more choice, more products and more of what we do best, delivering our customers the very best experience in connectivity, telephony, IT support and IT security.
Our employees are awesome. Working for us means playing a vital role, one where you will be central to our customer experience and continued success. You will be at the forefront of dealing with our customers, offering an outstanding service that has your personal touch, and leaves every customer feeling valued.
We want you to drive innovation, enjoy your work, and increase your bandwidth.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
One of the secrets to our success is working together and providing a consistently top-notch customer experience. There are a few key ingredients we expect from all our employees.
- Work hard, be happy and enjoy what you do.
- Be a Converged Ambassador by promoting and reflecting our brand and values.
- Accept that change is a natural part of business.
- Be passionate about achieving goals.
- Have a willingness to participant within the wider team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Systems Engineers are responsible for delivering excellent technical support to our customers, providing first class customer services and communications, and delivering the best-in-class solutions and practices.
Our team of engineers are required to undertake Duty Cover on rotation, this includes evenings, weekends, Christmas and New Year. On occasion, you will be required to work out of hours on request, which will be paid as overtime or may be taken as Time off in Lieu.
In exchange for a great rewards and benefits package, we will need you to:
- Work in line with technical standards provided for service provision.
- Deliver excellent customer relations and services.
- Diligently maintain all work administration requirements.
- Undertake continuous learning to keep abreast of technology developments.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot servers, workstations and infrastructure.
- Be familiar with support and configuration of Cloud environments (Azure or AWS).
- Understand networking and TCP-IP.
- Optimise systems and infrastructure availability.
- Implement best practises for security in line with CE+ and/or ISO27002.
- Monitor and maintain backup, continuity, and disaster recovery systems.
- Monitor systems and automation software.
- Manage and optimise O365 E-mail environment, SharePoint, and Apps.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Accept other tasks to help with workload on request.
- Prepared to provide levels 1 and 2 and some level 3 support as required.
There are a few Bits we need too …
- Technical experience – in depth technical experience, awareness of emerging technologies and best practise solutions to common problems.
- Infrastructure development – strong knowledge of the principles and processes of infrastructure design, implementation and support.
- Software support – knowledge of information technology and computer software, and competent in the specific software and technology that Converged deals with.
- Familiarity with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library –comfortable working within the processes and tasks described in the ITIL framework.
- Strong communication skills – to engage customers and suppliers and work effectively within the Technical Team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – prepared to deal with any technical problem needing attention and capable of seeking optimum solutions and an advanced ability to troubleshoot effectively.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Accreditation to ITIL desirable.
WHY JOIN US
Here’s a few good reasons …
- Family private medical insurance, discretionary bonus.
- 6 weeks annual leave, flexible working options. Genuine work-life balance served here.
- We support personal and professional development. Our team have dedicated training hours every week.
- Our business is booming! Join a dynamic, vibrant and fast changing environment.
We have different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community. We employ a diverse range of awesome people and we are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment process.
READY TO BE PART OF OUR JOURNEY?
If you thrive on delivering an outstanding customer experience and want to be part of the Converged story, we’d love to hear from you. Why not give us a call for an informal chat or send us your CV. Contact Stacey Smith on 01224 656 380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT BD Executive
AberdeenClosing Date: 26-07-2021